I am Science: CHEMISTRY and COMICS
My first love has and always will be chemistry. However shortly thereafter I fell in love with a guy that owned a comic book store. After graduating as a chemistry major in college, we got married and I started my PhD. While in graduate school, I attended comic book conventions helping my husband sell comic books and toys . I had attended more comic book conventions than chemistry /science conventions … The balance has changed now tipping in favor of science.
Subsequently earning my phd in bioorganic chemistry, my husband sold his shop and followed me to CA so I could carry out my postdoc. He took up freelance editing and landed a job as an editor for DC comics in NY..fortunately I was able to secure a faculty position in NY. Now he is a freelance comic book writer and I am leading an awesome group of bright young scientists /engineers.
I am science.
PS. Comic book conventions and scientific conferences are very similar—-the only difference is that you are likely to find yourself standing in line next to someone dressed up as storm trooper!Jin Montclare
Posted on Monday, 12 March 2012
- buy-followers-free likes this
- 2112tryptophanbonfires reblogged this from montclarelab and added:
- 2112tryptophanbonfires likes this
- freshphotons likes this
- greatmindsofscience reblogged this from iamsciencestories
- jkmontclare reblogged this from montclarelab
- krayn01 likes this
- wordhord likes this
- the-mighty-ribozyme reblogged this from iamsciencestories
- the-mighty-ribozyme likes this
- f-yeahcorks reblogged this from iamsciencestories and added:
- mypantsflewoff likes this
- iamsciencestories reblogged this from montclarelab
- bmontclare reblogged this from montclarelab
- montclarelab posted this